Free. Available on iPhone and Android.
Helping you to stay safe on NSW waters, MarineRescue is the only app that directly connects you to Marine Rescue NSW. If you encounter any issues while out on your boat, you can log in and be assured that 3,000 trained and equipped search and rescue experts are watching out for you. All you have to do is log your trip before you set sail.
MarineRescue also offers an extra live tracking option. Automatically updating your position every half hour, it helps Marine Rescue NSW track your whereabouts and keep tabs on where you are headed and when you are due to return.
The App also provides a range of valuable safety tools and information that could help save lives in an emergency:
- Local tide, weather and sea conditions
- Your latitude/longitude position coordinates
- A safety checklist for before you head out
- Emergency call procedures
- Information on Marine Rescue NSW
- Info on popular fishing spots
For a comprehensive guide on how to use the app watch a tutorial video here.
We use it when out on the water, so should you!